Latis Global Communications (hereinafter, the “Company”) values the personal information of its users and remains entirely dedicated towards protecting the rights and interests of users in full compliance with privacy-related laws and regulations.
1. Processed Personal Information and the Purpose of Processing
You are free to access the content on this website without any need to subscribe as a member. However, the Company processes personal information for the following purposes:
1) Business partnership inquiries
* Collected items (required): company name, contact person, contact information, email address, and details of inquiry
* Collection method: Collected through website, e-mail, separate written form, etc.
* Purpose of processing: To process inquiries and requests
2) Job applications
* Collected items (required): name, date of birth, field of application, desired salary, photograph, address, email address, mobile phone number, military service information, education, professional experience, certificates, and personal statement
* Collected items (optional): nationality, hobbies, language skills, overseas experience, awards, completion of training
* Collection method: Collected through website, e-mail, separate written form, etc.
* Purpose of processing: To provide recruitment-related information to job applicants or for use as basic data for job interviews
2. Period of Processing and Retention of Personal Information
The Company may keep personal information to deal with inquiries about business partnerships and job applications, and once the retention period expires, the personal information will be destroyed without delay as specified in “4. Destruction of Personal Information.”
1) Business partnership inquiries: Kept for 6 months from the date of inquiry
2) Job applications: If the applicant is not hired, the data will be deleted immediately at the end of the hiring process
3) Otherwise, the user will be notified in advance or the data will be kept for the period separately agreed upon
3. Consignment of Personal Information Processing
The Company processes personal information in line with the agreement entered into with the Consignee within the scope essential for fulfilling its duties under the Main Agreement.
The Company does not process the personal information of data subjects outside the scope of fulfilling its duties to the Consignor under the Main Agreement.
The Company takes technical and administrative measures necessary to safeguard personal information in accordance with the Personal Information Protection Act, other privacy-related laws and regulations, related subordinate statutes, notices, and commentaries.
If the agreement related to personal information becomes terminated, the Company will destroy or return the personal information to the Consignor without delay unless under special circumstances, and submit a confirmation to the Consignor verifying that all personal information has been destroyed or returned.
4. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
As a matter of principle, the Company uses personal information only within the scope specified in “1. Processed Personal Information and the Purpose of Processing” and does not provide personal information outside the scope without the prior consent of users or discloses users’ personal information externally. However, exceptions are applied in the following circumstances:
1) If a user has agreed to the provision in advance; and
2) If it is determined with good intentions that it is required by other laws.
– e.g.) If a request has been made by the government or an investigative agency through appropriate procedures in accordance with relevant laws and regulations
5. Destruction of Personal Information
Once the personal information becomes no longer needed as the personal information retention period has been expired or the purpose of processing has been served, the Company will destroy personal information without delay. The personal information is destroyed via the following procedure and method:
1) Destruction procedure
The data provided by users will be transferred to a separate DB (separate documents for paper documents) after the purpose is served, and will be destroyed after being stored for a certain period of time under the internal policy and other applicable laws and regulations. At this time, the personal information transferred to the DB will not be used for any other purpose unless required under the applicable laws and regulations.
2) Destruction method
– Personal data printed on paper is shredded with a shredder or destroyed by incineration
– Personal data stored in the form of an electronic file is deleted using technical means to prevent reproduction
6. Matters on the Installation, Operation, and Disabling of Automatic Personal Information Collection Devices
1) The Company uses “cookies” to store and retrieve user information from time to time to provide users with personalized services.
2) Cookies are small blocks of data sent by a web server (http) used to operate a website to the user’s web browser. They are also stored on the hard disk of the user’s computer.
a. Purpose of using cookies: They are used to identify the types of visits and usage of each service and website visited by the user, popular search terms, and whether secure access is available, thus providing information tailored to users.
b. Installation, operation, and disabling of cookies: You can disable cookies by setting the options in the Tools>Internet Options>Privacy tab at the top of the web browser.
c. If you disable cookies, you may experience difficulties in using personalized services.
7. Privacy Officer
To safeguard users’ personal information, the Company designates a privacy officer as follows who will oversee and assume responsibilities for processing personal information and handle related user complaints.
– Name: Lee Seung-ryeol
– Position: Director
– Contact: email@example.com
8. Rights and Duties of Users and Their Legal Representatives and How to Exercise Them
1) Users and their legal representatives are entitled to withdraw their consent to the collection, provision, and consignment of personal information at any time.
2) If you contact the privacy officer via e-mail, we will handle your inquiry without delay.
3) If a user’s representative visits and requests a withdrawal, the Company will make sure the representative is indeed acting on behalf of the user, and in this case, the Company may ask the representative to present a proof of the representational relationship.
4) If a user requests a withdrawal, the personal information will not be used or provided until the required action is taken. In addition, the Company processes personal information deleted at the request of users or their legal representatives as specified in “2. Period of Processing and Retention of Personal Information” and makes sure that personal information is not viewed or used for any other purpose.
9. Measures to Safeguard Personal Information
The Company makes every effort to process users’ personal information safely as follows:
1) Minimization and training of staff members who are authorized to process personal information
– We keep personal information processors to a minimum and provide regular training.
2) Development and implementation of an internal management plan
– We have an internal management plan in effect to safely process personal information.
3) Restricted access to personal information
– We manage the rights to access the personal information processing system and control unauthorized access from the outside with a firewall.
4) Technical measures against hacking, etc.
– To prevent any breach or damage of personal information caused by hacking, computer viruses, or any other means, we install the latest anti-virus software, update and check periodically, install the system in an area where external access is restricted, and employ technical and physical means to monitor and block any unauthorized access.
5) Access and access control
– The area where personal information is processed and stored is defined as a security area, and any access by unauthorized persons and outsiders
6) Use of locks for document security
– For document security, documents and storage media containing personal information are stored in a safe place with a lock.
10. Linked Websites
2) Material modifications to user rights, such as the collection and use of personal information and provision to third parties, will be notified at least 30 days in advance.
3) However, if it is difficult to notify within the date set for the prior notice, the notification will be sent without delay.